GENERAL EQUIPMENT INC.
8724 Sunset Drive #191● Miami FL 33173 · USA
THSCAN MT1213LT Mobile Container Vehicle Inspection System
As is, Where is
THSCAN MT1213LT MOBILE CONTAINER VEHICLE INSPECTION SYSTEM
Technical Proposal of THSCAN MT1213LT Mobile
Container/Vehicle Inspection System
THSCAN MT1213LT, is a mobile X-ray Container/Vehicle Inspection System. Adopting linear accelerator of 4 MeV as its radiation source, THSCAN MT1213LT integrates achievement of the state-of-the-art high technologies, such as electronics technology, computer technology, signal processing technology, automatic control technology and precision machining technology into its own products.
THSCAN MT1213LT Mobile Inspection System has proven itself as a highly cost-effective alternative to the outdated, expensive and unreliable method of hand inspection of a wide variety of trucks, containers or automobiles.
This system is able to identify illegal contrabands, prohibitive products, goods eluded from the customs duty and other materials and substances inside the trucks and containers rapidly and safely.
THSCAN MT1213LT consists of the following subsystem:
Scanning Vehicle: as the main part of the system to scan the scanned vehicle with X-ray imaging subsystem.
X-ray imaging subsystem: to generate X-ray transmission image of the scanned vehicle and deal with the gained images.
Image inspection subsystem: to inspect and manage the image information of the scanned vehicle.
Control & operation subsystem: to control all devices of Scanning Vehicle to work together to complete the whole scanning process.
Radiation safety subsystem: to prevent any radiation accident happening.
II. System Configuration and Performance Feature
The following Figure 2. shows the system composition of THSCAN MT1213LT Container Inspection System.
All of the equipments of THSCAN MT1213LT are mounted on one chassis of VOLVO.
The penetration of THSCAN MT1213LT is substantially attributed to its highly stable 4 MeV standing wave linear accelerator, by which the X-ray generated has a higher energy and therefore much better penetration than X-ray tube or natural radioisotope.
THSCAN MT1213LT is able to detect illegal goods and contrabands inside fully loaded containers and vehicles with high density.
Radiation safety concern is the first priority in the course of the design and manufacture of all products; a lot of radiation protection experts participate in the whole course, including the design, manufacture, and final examination.
Moreover, all THSCAN products have been strictly tested by radiation protection authority concerned, which prove that the radiation level of THSCAN MT1213LT is much lower than the radiation levels specified in the regulations and standards recommended by international organizations such as IAEA, WHO and ICRP.
THSCAN MT1213LT does no harm to operators, public, scanned goods and environment.
The Scanning Tunnel of THSCAN MT1213LT is 4700mm high and 3500mm wide, enabling client to scan almost all kinds of trucks and containers.
High mobility results from a short preparation time, no special transportation license required, as well as no potential radiation pollution.
THSCAN MT1213LT adopts VOLVO commercial platform chassis whose maintenance services are available in almost any country.
Due to the protective shielding carefully designed around the control cabin, the operator will work under the very safe condition.
Professional after-sales service team is available, catering to the need from home and abroad. “Comprehensive” after sales service to customers without any sub-contractor (including provide the accelerator, the detector, the application software and other electronic and mechanism equipment of the THSCAN MT1213LT Mobile Inspection System).
Adequate Operating Training guarantee customers can operate the system properly with high efficiency.
Maintenance Training also can be provided according to the requirements of customers.
III. Performance Features
(1) Single Vehicle Mode: THSCAN MT1213LT system, a user-made product, is capable of operating in a single Scanning Vehicle mode. The Scanning Vehicle is capable of independently carrying out the inspection task as a complete X-ray Inspection system, the operation cabin will provide the comfortable working place for operators. And THSCAN MT1213LT system can be moved to any place where X-ray inspection is needed.
(2) High Penetration: The penetration of THSCAN MT1213LT is substantially enhanced attributed to its highly stable 4MeV standing wave linear accelerator, which generates higher energy X-ray and therefore provides much better penetration over conventional methods. So THSCAN MT1213LT can detect any illegal goods and contrabands inside fully laden containers and vehicles.
(3) Safety: THSCAN MT1213LT is a self-shielded system when the radiation safety concern has been put at the first place during the course of designing and manufacturing products. Moreover, all systems have been strictly tested by the radiation protection experts and authority, proven that the radiation level of THSCAN MT1213LT is much lower than the standard recommended by international organizations such as IAEA, ICRP and WHO. THSCAN MT1213LT is friendly to operators, public, scanned goods and environment without any radioactive materials.
(4) Big Scanning Tunnel Size: The standard Scanning Tunnel of THSCAN MT1213LT is 4700mm high and 3500 mm wide, enabling clients to scan almost all kinds of trucks and containers.
(5)Viewing Angle Switch: The rotary table of THSCAN MT1213LT, where the accelerator and detector boom are installed, could easily be turned to a fixed angle within small degrees, the angle is set in the factory, on site from the normal perpendicular position less than 5 minutes. This function facilitates detecting smuggled goods hidden in the container's or vehicle's front wall or doors.
(6) Optional Radiation Monitor: Radiation Monitor to monitor presence of gamma sources leaked from the scanned vehicle is able to be installed in parallel to the X-ray scanning process for prevention of illegal transportation of radioactive sources.
(7) Elevation and Fall of the Whole Scanning Tunnel By adjusting the height of the chassis, elevation and fall of the whole scanning tunnel is realized in order to enlarge scope of application, that is, scan all kinds of the vehicles.
(8) Emergency Manual Operation Once emergency happens, such as power is cut off, manual operation may be admitted, such as refolding the detector boom manually.
(9) Automatically Retractable Cable Device Automatically retractable cable device is provided. It is effective to avoid the power supply cable to be worn or destroyed by the extruding objects on the ground.
(10) High Mobility and Road Suitability: THSCAN MT1213LT enjoys high mobility thanks to its short preparation time and flexibility, as well as no special transportation license required when transported. The axle weight of the chassis is less than 10 tons, which ensures THSCAN MT1213LT can be driven on almost all highways.
(11) Easy Maintenance for the Vehicle Chassis: THSCAN MT1213LT adopts VOLVO commercial platform chassis whose maintenance services are easily available.
(12) Comfortable operation Environment: One optional control vehicle could be the additional part of THSCAN MT1213LT inspection system. In the two-vehicle configuration of THSCAN MT1213LT let the operators work in the control vehicle, which parks outside the radiation area and provides a more comfortable and safer working environment, especially in case of terrorist attack (such as explosion) happens during container/vehicle inspection.
(13) Support EDI Declaration (Optional) and Network Interfaces: THSCAN MT1213LT can support EDI declaration, which is necessary for information management. When the system is connected with customers’ network, it enables customers to exchange and manage the information with the database.
(14) Perfect Training and After-sales Service: Professional technical support team and provides “whole set” after sales service such as accelerators, detectors and application software, catering to the need from home and abroad without any sub-contractor. The comprehensive training courses guarantee our customers the must effective use of the system when the system is put into operation. A set of maintenance training course also can be provided according to the requirement of our customers.
IV. Components List
As the standard configuration, one set of THSCAN MT1213LT Container/Vehicle Inspection System will deliver the following components.
• • The above list refers to the standard configuration of THSCAN MT1213LT. It is possible to tailor the system according to customers’ specific requirements or specifications.
V. Main Specification
VI. Scanning Vehicle
Scanning Vehicle is main part of THSCAN MT1213LT and performs scanning process under control of the operator. The heavy-duty construction 8×4 drive single cab chassis of VOLVO offers equipment mounting space and pedestals. All equipment cabins in Scanning Vehicle have the features of waterproof and heat insulation as well as air-conditioning.
Equipment mounted on Scanning Vehicle includes:
X-ray source (electron linear accelerator).
Image acquisition & regeneration devices.
Hydraulic and electric devices.
Control & safety devices.
Scanning Vehicle has two working status: scanning and transportation. When it is engaged in scanning operation, detector boom and arm are deployed from folded state, turning table turns, detector boom and arm get to support the lifting, and the plumbing arm is unfold vertically to form a scanning tunnel. Time required for set-up after arrival on site is less than 30 minutes.
Overall Dim. of transporting
Length: 11,400 mm
Height: 4,200 mm
Width: 2,500 mm
Overall Dim. of working status: Length 9,600 mm
Height: 5,400 mm
Width: 8,500 mm
Dim. Of scanning tunnel: Height ~ 4,700 mm
Width: 3,500 mm
Max. speed of transporting status: 70 km/h
G.V.W Less than: 30,000 kg
Vehicle Chassis: Heavy-duty 8×4 drive single cab chassis
Specification and photos are not contractual and are subject to verification upon inspection
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT INFORMATION INCLUDED IS CONFIDENTIAL IN NATURE AND IS BASED ON PRE-EXISTING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LEGAL OWNER OF PROPERTY DESCRIBED HEREIN (IF APPLICABLE). AS SUCH, UPON RECEIPT OF SAID INFORMATION THE RECEIVER AKNOWLEDGES THAT ANY UNAUTHORIZED CONTACT WITH SAID LEGAL SELLER WILL BE CHARACTERIZED AS A BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY AND SAID AGREEMENT MAY BE ENFORCED UNDER EXISTING LAW OR IN EQUITY.
This paper was prepared by
General Equipment Corp.
The paper represents an offer of a partner of General Equipment Corp.
All rights are reserved by and for General Equipment Corp..
All content and ideas of this paper are the property of General Equipment Corp.