GENERAL EQUIPMENT INC.
8724 Sunset Drive #191● Miami FL 33173 · USA
FAST PATROL BOAT
Fast and Ultra Fast Patrol Boat
As is, Where is
fast and super fast patrol boat
All Fast Fast Patrol Boats and Super-Fast Patrol Boats are custom manufactured to meet the clientt requirements for speed and operating conditions.
22-meter Fact Patrol boat is available in configurations with a 45 + knot capapability. The 36-meter Super-Fast Patrol Boat will reach 50+ knots with standard diesel power and exceeds 70+ knots with gas turbine power.
Communications equipment, Electronics, propulsion systems and crew accmmodations are designed to meet the client's mission requirements. Ballistic protection and hard point mounts are placed to meet the client specifications.
Cre training and a two-year in country maintenance program together with a spare parts package may be included.
These vessels, considered state-of-the-art fast patrol craft, ranging in length from 10 to 33 meters, have a nineteen year operating history of tactical and lifesaving applications in rough waters, known to be sorne of the roughest waters in the world.
Such craft supports missions including maritime security, search and rescue, national defense and homeland security, protection of natural resources, enforcement of fishery regulations, and promotion of commerce and maritime mobility. These mission requirements as explained by Rear Admiral Patrick Stillman, United States Coast Guard, Program Executive Officer of the Integrated Deepwater System, include but are not limited to surveillance of blue (ocean), and brown (river/port) waters, as weIl as detection, classification, identification and prosecution of targets of interest.
ln addition to photographs, a detailed description, performance data, and specifications for the hull and engines of the 22-meter catamaran FPB, designed in 1990, are attached. Four ofthese vessels have seen continuous operation in defense and security related missions while two are in service as passenger ferries. The patented hull design was based on 30 years ofhigh-speed catamaran design experience and incorporates special foils, which, with the twin 1500 horsepower diesel engines, enable hydrofoil type acceleration. This design produces an extremely stable platform with superior acceleration and sustained speeds for service in all weather and sea conditions. The end result is an extremely good sea-keeping, all weather, law enforcement interceptor which can serve in search and rescue and training roles while integrating with other operational naval force and tactical applications.
Additionally, we have completed engineering, tank and surf testing of the hull characteristics of the new 33-meter tri-maran. Results indicate sustainable speeds in excess of70 knots in up to 3-meter se as for this Super Fast Patrol Interceptor. This stealth designed patrol craft will out-perform any other vessel today and has the capability of staying on-station for longer periods of time and accommodating a wide variety of weapons systems. Its 24" draft gives it the ability to operate close in-shore or in river and delta environs.
The US Govemment has shown considerable interest in building multiple hull vessels to replace the aging fleet of typical 'V-huII' vessels. Because oftheir stability the FPB and SFPB platforms, their short (7 to 13 month start-to-delivery) construction time frame and their use readily available components and hardware, it is months if not years ahead of any known competition. Most definitely, no other such design with our proven record exists today. These pursuit vessels are versatile and economical high-speed paramilitary or air/sea rescue craft, featuring exceptional feats of stability while permitting sustained speeds in excess of 45 knots and operable in conditions up to sea state 5. Therefore, unlike any other known competitor, V-hull or catamaran, these Fast Patrol Boats and Super Fast Patrol Boats have the critical advantages of: shorter construction/delivery cycle; lower initial and on-going operating costs; fast intercept capability; lower user fatigue; proven track record; and availability for deployment.
These unique vessels can be custornized to meet the particular requirements for any clients needs. Full operations and maintenance training are available together with after delivery support. A wide range of options is available from navigational aids, communications packages. The FPB and Super FPB are The smart Option' in today's fast moving crisis situations.
End-user certificates are required from at potential purchasers.
high-speed paramilitary or air/sea rescue craft,
stability, whilst permitting speeds in excess of 3 5 knots in
up to sea state 5.
A low-profile superstructure provides 18m2 covered operational area including a wheelhouse with alI-round vision, a 5,5m2 secure operations/radar room and a 12,5m2 mess and open-plan galley "'
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR A 22 METER OFF-SHORE PATROLBOAT
The following describes the general requirements for inshore patrol boats for use in coastal sea conditions. This pursuit vessel is a versatile and economical high-speed paramilitary or air/sea rescue craft, featuring exceptional feats of stability while permitting speeds in excess of 45 knots and will operate effectively in conditions up to sea state 5.
With over 19 years of proven naval performance, this low-profile superstructure provides 18 square meters of covered operational area including a wheelhouse with all-around vision, a 5.5 square meter secure operations/radar room and a 12.5 square meter mess and open-plan galley. A 50 square meter self-draining aft deck with a large operational area inc1uding a ready-to-launch small inflatable boarded from aft dive platforms.
The craft is a high speedl high performance boat of proven design for operation in most climatic conditions.
-Air Temperature: -10° to +45 degreescentigrade
-Sea Temperature: +4° to+32 degrees centigrade
-Relative Humidity: up to 95%
2. Design and Construction
Hull and Superstructure Materials:GRP - Kevlar - Carbon-Fiber according to Lloyds Rules
Hull weight: 13 000 kg
3. Main Characteristics
Length overall: 22.0m
Displacement light:21 600 kg
Displacement full:27600 kg
Max Speed:45 knots
Range @ 30 knots:550 nautical miles
Power required:2 x 1 200 hp diesels @ 2200 rpm
4. Power and Drive Options
Operating conditions and speeds desired determine the engine and drive combinations best suited to the end users needs. The weight of customer requested ballistic protection and armament will reduce maximum speeds and range.
Engine Caterpillar 3406
Propulsion Fixed 4-blade propellers
Max Speed 25 knots
Cruising Speed 22 knots
20knots 360 nautical miles
Power Required 2 x 600 kW
Engine MTU 12V2000 0
Propulsion Castoldi 490 water j or Trimax surface piercing propellars
Max Speed 35 knots
Cruising Speed 30 knots
Range @ 30 knots 450 nantica1 miles
Power required 2 x 800 k 00 rpm
Engine MTU 1 000 M91
Propulsion Castoldi 90 waterjet or Trimax 4000 surface piercing propellers
Max Speed 4 ~ kno
Cruising Speed 38 kno
Range @ 35 knots 80 nautical miles
Power Requ:ired 2 x 1100 k @ 2 350rpm
· Matching gearboxes will be decided-on after the final propulsion configuration is defined
· Bilge pumps and deck :Eire pumps shall be fitted
· A fixed hydrofoil system shall be fitted on models 2285 and 2290
The following equipment shall be provided:
· 1 x 6 kV A generator providing 220 or Il OV AC output
· A 24 Volt DC power supply via 270 Amp/hr batteries shall be provided
· A main electrical switchboard (incorporating the navigation light panel) shall be fitted in the wheelhouse.
· A shore supply connection shall be provided.
• An air conditioning unit to supply the wheelhouse and accommodation galley shall be provided.
The following standard navigation equipment shall be fitted:
· 4 kW Navigational Radar
· Marine GPS
· Marine Echo Sounder/log
· 2 Compasses
· Electronic Chart System
· Chart Table
· Cabin deck mounted 250W search light
• Electric Siren
· Navigation Lights as per !MO regulations
(Where applicable the above will be fumished as part of a Furuno Nav-Net System)
· 2 x VHF Marine Band 25 Watt TxIRx Radio Telephone
· 1 x HF SSB 150 Watt Marine Band Radio Telephone
· Ships Main Broadcast
9. Safety Equipment
· 12 man inflatable life raft
· 10 life j ackets
· 6 Life Buoys
· Signal Flares
A remote controlled manual release engine room fire fighting
plus bulkhead mounted 4 kg C02 cylinders in the wheelhouse and
• 6 water tight bulkhead compartments
The following shall be provided:
· 6 bunks
· ô lockers
· Separate Captains quarters
· 1 head including toilet, washbasin and shower
· A galley complete with microwave oyen, 3 plate HOB, refrigerator, washbasin and crockery.
· Mess deck table with bunks and stores.
11. Upper Deck
The following upper deck equipment will be fitted:
· A Rigid Hull Inflatable boat plus its cradle stowage
· 30 kg Danforth anchor, chain and hawser
· Electric anchor winch
· Inflatable fenders
· Boathooks and mooring ropes
The following minimum documentation will be furnished:
· A fill set of as-built drawings
· 3sets of operations manuals
· 3sets of maintenance manuals
· Spare Parts Catalog
· Sea Trials Report
· Seaworthiness certificate
13 . Training
• An operator-training course for experienced crew members will be conducted during a period of 3 weeks at the builder's yard in Cape Town South Africa. This training to occur simultaneously with the sea trials for the vessel.
· A maintainers training course for technicians during a period of 6 weeks shall be arranged at the builder's yard.
· The cost of air tickets, local accommodation, subsistence and transport are additional and for the client's account.
14. Service and Spares
A proposal for a
service contract to provide maintenance/repair assistance
for mechanical, electrical and electronic systems on board shall be submitted.
the equipment configuration is finalized, a spare parts proposaI for a two-year supply of on board spares shali be submitted.
36", High Speed Patrol
1. The long centre hull can penetrate.oncoming waves almost like a "wavepiercer" or a "8W ATH" and determines the trim angle for maximum comfort of passengers and lowest stress on the structure. The bow foils can be adjusted automatically by computers without assistance from the pilot if a forward-facing sensor is used.
2. The high tunnels are further aft than in the case of catamarans and are therefore much less likely to experience tunnel-slamming as the bow foils correct trim and aerate water before entering the tunnels. The effective tunnel height of 3m .allows full speed maneuvering into waves of up to 3,5m at any angle.
3. Foils are light and provide even better performance than on a catamaran of similar proportions.
The specifications on equipment may vary slightly according to availability but any substitutions would be equal im performance and quality.
· ln the Gas Turbine powered unit, a turbine has been installed to allow speeds of up to 70+knots
· The wing engines are inc1uded and upgraded to get 7 knots
· Water maker is installed
· Radar absorbing coatings added for stealth capability
· Storage for underwater diving and demolition equipment added
· Extra fuel capacity added to facilitate long range (1000 nautical mile) capability
· 6 high impact seats installed for high speed pursuit to negate slamming effect
· Matching gearboxes will be decided-on after fmal propulsion configuration is defmed
· Bilge Pumps and deck fire pumps shall be fitted
• A fixed hydrofoil will be fitted to maximize speed and performance
· 1 X 15 kw generator providing 220 or Il OV AC output
· A 24 Volt DC power supply via 270 Amp/hr batteries
· A main electrical switchboard
· Shore Supply connection
· An air conditioning unit supplying the wheel house and accommodationlgalley
· A Ray Marine integrated navigation system will be installed
· Radar, Marine GPS, Marine Echo Sounder/log, Electronic Chart System, 2 Compasses, 2-250 watt search lights, Siren, and Navigation Lights per IMO
· 2 x VHF Marine Band 25 watt T:xIRx Radio Telephone
· 1 x HP SSB 150 watt Marine Band Radio Telephone
· Ships Main Broadcast
· 2-HF radio transmitters/receivers/single sideband Radiotelephone
· Ships Intercom
· EPIRB Emergency Position Beacon
• UHF radio for Military Aircraft communication
• Satellite Radio Link
• Hand held radio system for use with life boats, RIB' s and boarding parties
· 5 Crew cabins with lockers to accommodate up to 15 crew
· Separate Captains Quarters
· 1 Head including washbasin, toilet and shower
· A galley complete with microwave, 3 plate HOB, refrigerator/freezer, washbasin and crockery
· Mess deck table with bunks and stores
· 2-12 man inflatable life rafts
· 20 life jackets
· 6 life buoys
· Signal flares
· Fire Fighting: ln addition to the deck pump, a remote controlled manual release engine room tire fighting system plus bulkhead mounted C02 cylinders in the wheelhouse and accommodation areas.
· 6 water tight bulkhead compartments
· A Rigid Hull Inflatable boat with cradle stowage
· Danforth anchor, chain and howser
· Electric anchor winch
· Inflatable fenders, boat hooks and mooring ropes
PATROL BOAT OPTIONS
Armament: The patrol vessel can easily accommodate installation of a range of automatic weapons from 7.62 to 20mm. The deck bas been re-enforced to facilitate installation. A wide range of weapons is available from recommended suppliers and the mountings can be pre-installed during manufacture of the patrol boat .
Ballistic Protection: A wide range is available depending upon the degree of protection desired While protection from small arms tire is relatively light- weight, protection against heavier caliber rounds becomes increasingly heavier and therefore will decrease the maximum performance of the boat. The purcbaser must specify the degree of protection desired.
Under water inspection: A smaIl ROV capable oftransmitting a quality video image is offered This unit with its manipulator arm is capable of underwater inspections and work that can include hull inspections ofvessels and the removal of items attached thereon.
Training: Factory training is essential and is included in the vessel cost. Airfare meals and lodging are not included, but can be quoted separately. Additional on site training can be arranged and quoted subject to the availability of factory-trained personnel.
Spare Parts: Parts catalogswill be furnished and a complete list of spares recommended for two years will be quoted upon completion of the final specifications for each vessel,
Maintenance Contract: A two-year contract proposai will be furnished for the vessels. The number of patrol boats acquired and the location will determine the cost
Technical Manual Translations: AlI manuals are in English, translation of aIl technical and operations rnanuals into Spanish, French, German, or Portuguese is available at cost by certified translators.
A two-year turnkey program is
offered with the sale of the vessels. The price quoted herein will coyer the
cost of maintaining up to ten vessels. The following items and
services are included:
1. A spare parts package of items deemed to likely be required to be repaired or replaced over the course of the contract, keeping in mind that EOM warranty will coyer replacement of most major components for one year.
2. A Maintenance Chief, Head Mechanic and Electronics Technician and other personnel who may be required and who will be assisted by the crew of the vessel
Not covered but to be furnished by the operator of the vessels are:
1. Maintenance facility
2. Suitable accommodations for # 2 above
3. Local transportation
4. Fuel and lubricants
6. Expendables (filters, and other consumables)
A software pro gram will be furnished that will track the hours of use on each vessel and print out a report of required servicing as each vessel returns to port.
The cost of this program covers only normal wear and tear and component failure under normal usage. Repair of severe damage for whatever reason is to the account of the owner.
AlI personnel furnished under this pro gram will be fully qualified to maintain the vessels and will work with the crews of the vessels to train them in the proper day to day on- board maintenance.
Specification and photos are not contractual and are subject to verification upon inspection
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT INFORMATION INCLUDED IS CONFIDENTIAL IN NATURE AND IS BASED ON PRE-EXISTING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LEGAL OWNER OF PROPERTY DESCRIBED HEREIN (IF APPLICABLE). AS SUCH, UPON RECEIPT OF SAID INFORMATION THE RECEIVER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANY UNAUTHORIZED CONTACT WITH SAID LEGAL SELLER WILL BE CHARACTERIZED AS A BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY AND SAID AGREEMENT MAY BE ENFORCED UNDER EXISTING LAW OR IN EQUITY.
This paper was
prepared by General Equipment Inc.
The paper represents an offer of a partner of General Equipment Inc.
All rights are reserved by and for General Equipment Inc.
All content and ideas of this paper are the property of General Equipment Inc.
Defense items are subject to final destination approval and granting of an
export license issued by exporting country's authorities